Sunroad Auto Group - Unsung Heroes Official Rules
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
- Eligibility: The Sunroad Auto Group Unsung Hero Award (the “Award”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous states, who are 18 years of age or older, and with proof of automobile insurance. Employees of Sunroad Auto Group, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Award, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Award (collectively “Award Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The sponsor of the Contest is the Sunroad Auto Group (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92121.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Awards constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning an award is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The start and end dates/times of the Award (the “Entry Period”) will be posted on the applicable dealership sites.
- Entry: To enter a nomination for the Award, follow the instructions on the dealership sites. Submission of a nomination will result in one (1) entry. The number of nominations you enter for an individual will not improve the odds of winning. No purchase is required to enter or win and the purchase of goods or services does not improve the odds of winning. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.
- Drawing: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will provide all nominations for review by 30 judges selected from the community. The judges shall select nine (9) nominees that they believe best exemplify an unsung hero. Winners shall receive a 3 year lease of a new vehicle. Potential winners will be contacted via telephone or email and will be asked to provide their full name, age and mailing address within a specified time period. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, the judges shall select an alternate winner in his/her place. Limit one (1) Award per household.
- Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate winner will be selected in his/her place.
- Prize(s): The Award (including each prize’s approximate retail value) available to be won will be posted on the dealership’s sites. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes associated with receipt or use of an Award and the reporting consequences thereof, DMV fees, and excess mileage greater than 36,000 and physical damage to the vehicle at lease termination, and any other costs, fees and expenses not explicitly stated herein.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Award is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Award to address the impairment and then resume the Award in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible nominations received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Award or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Award may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Release, Indemnification and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Award, winners agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, judges, and Award Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, costs, damages, liabilities, judgments, settlements and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) (“Losses”) of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Award, participation in the Award or any Award -related activity, or acceptance, possession, receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Award; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Award or the processing of entries; (f) injury, death and/or damage to persons or property; or (g) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Winners agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Award Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives from any and all Losses of any kind that may be asserted against or incurred by Sponsor or any Award Entity at any time in connection with the entries, or otherwise relating to winner’s participation in the Award, including without limitation claims concerning the infringement upon or violation of any intellectual property or other rights. Winner further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sponsors’ and Award Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Award, and in no event shall the Sponsor or the Award Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Winner waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, winner agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Award or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Superior Court of California for the County of San Diego. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, winner’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Giveaway Results: To request the name of the winners, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to Sunroad Auto Group, attn: Unsung Hero, 4445 Eastgate Mall, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92121. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days from the end date of the Award.